2011-09-15

sharing





I have just spend half an hour on-line finding out about Ayahuasca, the combination of two amazonian psychotropic plants used in shamanic ceremony and experienced by William Burroughs in the 70s and countless others since. Interesting. Man relationship to his keen seems to always be the core of spiritual growth; which is bang on in tune with what I was saying to a friend earlier, and that is to  open the blog to the physical world. This exhibition has just open in New York and I wish I could go. In the physical world, I was introduce to Craig once. I smile my then still dimply smile and went back to my beer not realizing which Craig he was. His sky blue background portraits for I−D magazine had a huge impact on me and later is sharp black & white fashion always worked for me. In the physical world, he came to the shop I was working in a couple of years later. He was always what I thought I would be, apart for the bleached hair wife. Like me, he likes cars and like me, he doesn't mind a stain or two on his denim's.
In today's physical world, it's fashion week madness everywhere, so I have allowed myself to be a little crazy and bought Dazed&Confused) magazine. There is an excellent article on Steven Shearer, a canadian artist that is super hip at the moment. he represent Canada at the Venice Biennale and his uncle was a transgender painter and he was offered the opportunity of the Venice show. Steven worries about the significance of the canadian pavilion in the context of post-colonialist Europe and that's enough to make me want and look at his work.












No comments: