2011-10-01

cars 2









I went to see Lee Friedlander at Timothy Taylor yesterday. It was fabulous beautiful thank you Timothy.
There is one week left to see it. You should. Lee Friedlander is my Düsseldorf school all to himself. I sware I didn't know about his car photographs, the old ones and the new ones, when I said I was shooting from my car boot sometimes last year. of course I never followed up on my idea and now that I have seen Lee's work well, it's pretty pointless isn't it… I will never do anything anywhere near as good as what he has done and he has done it for exactly the same reason I intended which is to include the ugliness of the modern car into a "classic" landscape shot and tame one's own demon. I know I know
Still got that bloody white plastic chair in the garden...what do I do?
I have just spent a bit of time on my Google Reader and seen more fashion photographers rip off not so fashionable photographers and there are tons and tons of shows and prizes and books and Kathy Grayson at Art From Behind still makes me laugh and yes I did miss the exhibition of Pablo Bronstein at the ICA. I'm gonna listen to Lindström and Christabelle Lovesick to console myself.

No comments: